Thursday, May 31, 2012

38 Week Appointment

Today, after a busy last day of school, and then running to the new school I will be at next year to meet their staff, I headed to my doctor's appointment. Honestly, I was not expecting anything exciting. Yesterday I vomitted three different times, and if those horrid episodes did not send me into labor, I knew that it was going to be a pretty uneventful appointment. And . . . I was right. I weighed 2 pounds less than last week, which puts me at a 27 pound weight gain (which is how much I had gained when I birthed Camden) and Casen's heart rate was 138 bpm. After she checked my cervix, she informed me I was still 4 cm and a little thick, so no real change. Since next week I will be 39 weeks, she asked me if I would like to be induced. Um, heck yes!!!! I have never been so miserable in my life. Between the constant rib pain due to Casen growing and having no room to move, vomiting off and on and being miserable with the lactose intolerance and heartburn, I am more than ready. And of course, I can't wait to see my sweet baby boy!!!! So, after she checked with the hospital, the first day available for induction is Thursday, June 7th (that is when I turn 39 weeks by calcuation from my last menstrual period and the first day insurance will allow elective induction). But it really isn't available. I am the first on the waiting list for that day. So, if someone has their child before the 7th or if someone has their baby rather quickly after being induced on that day, they will call me in. Please Lord, please, let that be the last possible day that I will be pregnant. And of course, I wouldn't be the least bit upset if he came before that date!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment