Thursday, May 24, 2012

37 Week Appointment and the Power of Positive Thinking

Today was my first appointment where Dr. Bruce was going to check my progression, and I could hardly wait. All day I had jokingly told my coworkers that I was ready to go so Dr. Bruce could tell me I was 4 cm - a girl can wish, right??? I have gained 29 pounds, his heart rate was 169 and she said she could tell I have dropped (I wish I could tell that). I told Dr. Bruce how I had told all my coworkers that she was going to tell me I was 4 cm, knowing good and well I was probably only 1 cm. She and I laughed about it and then discussed some other things. As she was checking me, she looked at me in disbelief and said, "I am not just saying this since you told your co-workers, but you really are dilated 4 cm." Do what? Really - is that the power of positive thinking??? She said I am still a little thick, but definitely 4 cm. She told me that she was on call Sunday night at 10 pm and then Memorial Day and if I wanted to try and help move things along, then I should do a lot of walking this weekend and my husband and I could do other things (not to be specific here) and perhaps she would see me Monday. If not, then at my next appointment on Thursday we could look at our schedules and discuss inducing if that is the route I would like to go since my cervix is favorable.

I can definitely say I am now feeling a sense of urgency. I have not even packed my bag yet, much less bought the odds and ends that Casen needs. But regardless, he has everything he would need if he did come this week. It would be nice though if I could finish out my job (which my last day is Thursday) so I don't feel like I am leaving things undone there, but as we know God knows the exact time and date, so only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment