Monday, May 7, 2012

35 Week Appointment

I was excited about today's visit because I was scheduled to have an ultrasound. It seems like it has been such a long time since I have seen Casen, so I was ready to see how he was doing as well as how he was situated in my belly. Up to this point, he has been abusing my right side with sticking his bottom out and kicking me, but I really do not feel very much on the left side. When I arrived at my appointment as I was headed to go inside, I heard a "Hey" behind me and turned to find Shane there, waiting to go in with me. I just love sweet surprises!!! Well, ultrasound showed that Casen was doing a lot of practicing breathing and moving all around. He  is definitely head down, with his back curved on the left side and his bottom and feet are up under my ribs. He weighed in at about 6 1/2 pounds which puts him in the 75th percentile. Now let me just say, perhaps I am getting what I wished for (a baby with some fat rolls) and now I am nervous! As you might recall, Camden weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces when he was born. The week before I had him I had an ultrasound which said he weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces. So, right now Casen supposedly weighs more than Camden did at birth and I still have 5 weeks to go.
Casen's facial profile with right hand over his face

So needless to say, Dr. Bruce was pleased and feels like my placenta is definitely doing the job this time and she said my amniotic fluid levels were also good. The only negative thing she had to say was about my weight, which I gained four pounds, putting me at a grand total of 27 pounds. Now I know that is more than the 25 pounds that she wanted me to gain, however I keep thinking to myself that my total weight gain with Camden was 27 pounds and if Casen weighs more than Camden did at birth, then my 27 pounds is OK (just trying to justify a little here). Regardless, she told me to watch my weight and try not to put on much more.

My next follow up appointment is on Thursday, May 24th which starts the beginning of my weekly checks with an exam. I told her that I hoped she had something very exciting to tell me when she checked me - a girl can hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment