Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood

Since being in our new home, I have met three of our neighbors. On Saturday, I met our neighbor to the left, a single woman who is very nice. Then on Sunday I met the neighbors to our right who are a nice younger couple. Today, on my way to work I met our neighbors directly across the street. And yes, you read that right, it was on my way to work. During the night we had a lot of rain, which we have not seen in a very long time, and it continued into this morning. I was less than two miles from home headed to work when I was approaching a red light and applied my brakes, which they did not react very well due to the slick surface. I veered to the right to make sure and avoid the car in front of me. Well, the car behind me ran into my bumper. Luckily we were not driving fast and she did not hit me that hard. We went ahead and pulled into a nearby school parking lot to exchange information. After looking at the damage, I went ahead and called the police so that we could have an accident report. My bumper will need to be replaced, however the front of her car will require more repairs.The girl, Jessica, was very nice and she sat in my car and we exchanged information. She called her husband and after sitting there for 15 minutes or so, he pulled up. I immediately recognized his car because I have made comments to Shane that the across the street neighbors car is loud due to the mufflers he has installed on it. I called out to Jessica and asked her where she lived. She said "Blackfoot Trail." I said, "We are neighbors, we just moved in across the street this weekend." Her husband just looked at me and said, "Awkward!"

The bumper of my vehicle

The front of her car

I am glad we have been able to meet some of our neighbors, however this is not the way I wanted to meet our across the street neighbors!



No comments:

Post a Comment