Monday, June 20, 2011

Our New Home

On Friday at 10:00 am we became proud new home owners. As you recall, when we moved from Alabama back to Texas in August we moved in with my sister and her family 'for a few months'. Well, a few months turned into 10 months due to the amount of time it took us to sell our home in Tuscaloosa, but finally we vacated their residence. I must say, I am glad that we finally have our own home again, but I am going to miss my nephews so much, as is Camden. Camden loves both of those boys so much and spends a lot of timing laughing at their antics and playing with them. I think Braden will be some what relieved that Camden is gone, since Camden loved to play with Braden's toys while he was playing with them, but I think Braden will miss him too. Regardless, we are extremely grateful for Melissa and Shawn putting up with us as long as they did and allowing us to intrude in their lives for an extended period. I know it was not easy!

Camden coming down the stairs with Braden's cars

Camden's bed in Braden's room - now Braden will have his room back

Shane and I were very fortunate to have both of our parents in town this weekend to help us move. My mom watched Camden while we all worked on moving and unpacking. Shane's parents came Saturday morning with the intent to leave Saturday night, but we gave Shane's dad an extra job of installing a new kitchen sink and faucet which lasted a little longer than expected. After making a midnight run to Wal-Mart, they decided to stay the night at our house and finish up the job in the morning. Between the heat and just the actual moving of all our worldly goods, we are exhausted to say the least. I have more bruises on my body than I care to mention, and for some reason the balls of me feet hurt. We have gotten a lot accomplished in the past few days, however there is a TON more to do. My obsessive-compulsiveness is causing me some anxiety. I am currently working summer school, so only have the evenings to continue unpacking, which drives me crazy. I want it all put away in its place now. My parents kept reminding me that I have all summer, but all I can see is what is in front of me, which is a lot.

As soon as things are in their place, I will post some pictures of our new surroundings. We are fortunate to have found such a nice home and look forward to spending many years here and making many memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment