Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby Steps

Today a therapist from Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) came out to do therapy with Camden to help encourage him to walk. Last week he finally started holding on to my finger with one hand versus two, so I knew he was finally headed in the right direction. Then, over the weekend, my mom worked with him a lot on walking. Today, the therapist gave Shane different exercises to do with Camden to help strengthen his core and encourage his walking. One of the things he mentioned was having Camden sit on the bottom stair and have him stand up from the sitting position. Well, after the therapist left Shane sat Camden on the bottom stair. Not only did he stand up, he took about 3 or 4 steps forward! When I got home from work, Shane and Camden showed me his new 'trick'. Camden is doing a really great job with walking and he thinks it is great. He laughs the whole entire time, which sometimes gets his balance all out of kilter and results in him falling to the ground. It won't be long before I have a toddler racing by foot around the whole house!

Getting up from the step . . .

Walking and laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment