Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bye Bye Sleep Sack

Isn't it funny that some of the things we do with our children are more for our sake than theirs? As you have probably seen in different pictures of Camden sleeping, he sleeps in a sleep sack. It was the next step for him after I quit swaddling him with a blanket and I loved it! It was easy and stayed on him nice and snug so I didn't have to worry about it coming off and him suffocating throughout the night. Well, as time went on and he got a little older, I would buy bigger ones for him. Not necessarily that he needed them any longer, but it was more for me. I knew he couldn't have a blanket and to me this was the next best thing. In the past month or so, his sleep sack was getting a little on the small side and they don't sell a larger size. So I continued to put it on him, unable to bear the thought of him in bed without any type of cover. Well, last week Shane suggested that we get rid of the sleep sack as preparation for moving into our new house. It is two story and we will probably not keep the air upstairs as cool as Camden is used to at my sister's house. So, to ween him (or I guess really me) I quit using it for his naps for several days and then I quit using it all together. It did not phase my child one bit!!! Me, on the other hand, it hurt my feelings. To know that he really is no longer a baby and instead is growing up so fast just breaks my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment