Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cereal Equals Constipation

First of all, let me say that I do realize that when my child is older and reads these blog entries detailing his life, he will not be thrilled that I posted an entry regarding his bowel movements, but here goes. Since starting cereal, Camden has had a horrible time with constipation. Bless his heart - he grunts, groans, makes the veins pop out in his head, pushes and after a bit will finally produce something that is very pasty and formed. So after doing a little research, I read that barley cereal is less constipating than rice cereal, and that pears and prunes are less constipating than applesauce. So yesterday we started barley cereal and prunes. Let me just say, he LOVES prunes!!! He doesn't even gag when he eats them!! But I have seen no improvement in his bowel movements as of yet. In order to help our poor little guy, he is getting Lactulose daily, which seems to help. I will be looking forward to next month when we can start juice - perhaps that will help!!!

Playing on his mat


No comments:

Post a Comment