Friday, July 23, 2010

Almost 10th Percentile

Today was Camden's 6 month check-up. It is just a hair early, but since we will be right in the middle of moving when it is time, we went now. Also, they prefer you go early rather than late. So of course, the part that I anxiously await each time is the height and weight check. Well, I am proud to say that our higher calorie formula along with solids has helped! Today he weighed 14 pounds 6 ounces and was 26 1/2 inches long with his head circumference being 16 1/2 inches. He is now closer to the 10th percentile in weight, 75th percentile in length and his head is in the 10th percentile. Yea!!! And of course he received 3 shots today, which he bled like a stuck hog out of one of his legs, bless his little heart. But, as in the past, he recovered in a very short period of time.


Over the past few weeks, his reflux has definitely seemed to have worsened. He was waking up in the middle of his naps screaming and was spitting up much more, so much on Sunday that he soaked his shirt. So on Wednesday I called the doctor and she called in Prilosec for him. So far, I believe it is improving the reflux. Today he has not spit up once!

Also, I guess I need to give a poop update. A few Sundays ago at church I was feeding Camden during the sermon when all of the sudden he started his whole pushing and grunting ritual topped off with milk coming out of his nose from pushing so hard. I took him to the cry room and after 15 minutes or so, he finally was able to produce a very nicely formed turd. We had been giving him Lactulose off and on, but found that it seemed to cause him to cramp when it started working. So on Wednesday, I called and talked to the nurse at the pediatrician's office about the situation and questioned if we could try Miralax. After she discussed it with Dr. McGiffert she called me back and said to give him 1 tsp once a day in one of his bottles. So on Friday we gave him his first dose and on Sunday while at church, he filled up his britches - so much so that we had poop EVERYWHERE!!! So we decided that perhaps 1 tsp a day was too much and we are now down to 1/2 tsp a day, and seem to be doing great! So, thankfully, I feel like we are getting back on track with his reflux and pooping! Mercy, I never once thought I would be so obsessed with poop!!!



Camden with a prune handlebar mustache

One last thing, today is Shelbe's 16th birthday! So hard to believe that my baby girl who I received as a gift when I started nursing school is now 16. Age has taken its toll on her little body, she is now blind and deaf, but she has been such a great dog and has brought me great joy. Happy Birthday Shelbe Lin!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment