Sunday, July 5, 2009

8 Weeks 5 Days

This past week has been up and down. I have been having waves of nausea, but on Tuesday I was miserable ALL day long with it. All I could think about was how I was going to make it that way day in and day out. But on Wednesday, I was better and by Thursday I felt like a new woman. Of course, the nausea is still around, but nothing like Tuesday.

This week our baby received its very first gift from one of my dear co-workers. She gave us a burp cloth with baby foot prints monogrammed on it and a book entitled "God Gave Us You." I was so thrilled to receive her gift - I am so grateful to have some wonderful people surrounding me during this pregnancy.

For the Fourth of July we went to Macon, GA to visit Shane's grandparents. It is always so wonderful to go there - we are always able to relax and we eat very, very well!!! We were able to visit with a lot of his family and received many congrats.

This week I believe I have been plagued by a food diversion. I am someone that loves food, and pretty much ANY food. But . . . . . . right now the thought of BBQ makes me nauseous. Driving by a BBQ restaurant makes me just about gag. This is not a great thing for me since food is catered to my work and many times it is BBQ. Hopefully, this too shall pass - but as for now, I must quit writing about it before I have to excuse myself to the bathroom.

How our baby is growing:

New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from our baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Our baby is now about the size of a kidney bean.


2 comments:

  1. Shane emailed me to tell me to check out your blog. I am SO excited for y'all! I have already put your blog on my list of favorites and will check regularly. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Jackson is living in Macon, GA, this summer playing in a wooden bat league. Small world.

    ReplyDelete