Thursday, June 25, 2009

7 Weeks 2 days

Today was a bit scary for me. I woke up this morning and had spotting along with some left lower abdominal cramping. Since I am 36 and women my age have a 20% chance of miscarrying, you can imagine all the fears that crept up in my mind. So I carried myself to work and when my doctor's office opened I called and spoke with the nurse and informed her of my problem. By this time, the bleeding seemed to have stopped, but I still had a bit of cramping. She told me to come on in and have my ultrasound today, instead of tomorrow. So Shane met me and we went to the doctor. I did indeed have the ultrasound which revealed a 1 cm embryo that had a heart rate of 127. It measured just as it should for 7 weeks. She said things looked great!!!



The thing next to the baby is the yolk sac which is supplying the baby until the placenta takes over.

God is so good and so faithful. I am extremely grateful, but I will be honest, until the first trimester is over, I am sure I will continue to be on edge. I will continue to pray that God's will be done and that I am able to accept that whatever it may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment