Thursday, July 30, 2009

12 weeks 2 days

Well I have FINALLY made it to 12 weeks and feel somewhat relieved!! I was waiting until 12 weeks before announcing it to the Facebook world, which I did on Tuesday. So nice to read people's comments! I have been asked by several people to post a picture of myself, which I will try to do in the next week or two. I am a bit concerned that this nice little pooch I have is fat and not baby!! I will explain why I think that. I was doing really well with eating until about a week ago and now I have gone to pot with it. For lunch on Wednesday I ate 3 pieces of brisket, some salad, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and a piece of carrot cake. Then, two hours later I had a piece of cake that was left over from a baby shower we had at work for a coworker the day before. So, the sweet tooth has more than taken over. Today for lunch I had a quarter of a burger, salad, 3 pieces of sushi, a slice of pepperoni pizza and a chocolate chip cookie. See what I mean!?!?!?!?! I asked Shane yesterday if I looked fat and his comment was, "I don't see any rolls!" Love that response!!!! LOL!!!!

How our baby is growing:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Our baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in the baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, our baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment