Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas 2019

Our Christmas started with attending the candle light Christmas Eve service at our church. I love attending this service for numerous reasons, but the music, especially O Holy Night, gets me every time. And when the church sanctuary is filled with lit candles . . . it is just breath taking.




After getting home from church, the boys got ready for bed so that Santa would come. They were so excited to get to bed, we forgot to lay out our cookies for Santa. So, before Shane and I headed to bed, I laid out some cookies and milk for him (not sure I picked the exact cookie the boys wanted to leave for Santa, but I didn't think Santa would be too picky).


We woke up early on Christmas morning and the boys first headed for their stocking to see what exciting Santa left in them. They received gum (a favorite), a new water bottle, lottery tickets, hand sanitizer, and pokemon card holders. They loved what was in their stocking, so hopefully Santa delivered on their big gift!

No one was a winner. :(
And, it looks like they got exactly what they were hoping for - a Nintendo switch for Casen and a new bike for Camden.























After we opened our gifts, everyone got dressed and they boys played with their toys, while I prepared lunch for our Christmas celebration with Shane's family. I was able to talk to my grandma via FaceTime and wish her a Happy 102nd Birthday!!!! We are soooooo very blessed to be able to celebrate yet another birthday and Christmas with her.


Shane's family arrived and we had a good meal, opened gifts and the boys were surprised with a trampoline from Nana and Poppa. This momma had to do some talking to Shane to convince him it was OK for the boys to get a trampoline, so they owe me one! LOL.


Cousins!
Hood Family Christmas 2019





















On Thursday, my parents arrived so we could celebrate Christmas with my sister and her family on Friday.  Before eating lunch, we had to take care of a little business in regards to Casen and a loose tooth that was just about driving me crazy because of the way it was sticking out. Mason told Casen that Grandma had pulled one of his teeth in front of Ranchitos (our favorite Mexican restaurant) one time and that was all it took. He let Grandma pull that front tooth right out! Afterwards, we had a great meal of lasagna catered from Adriatic Cafe.



We then opened gifts and the boys were thrilled to receive more gifts that were on their lists, including hover boards from Grandma and Grandpa. They were able to get on them and ride them in no time flat. I tried, and fell, thus popping a blood vessel in my hand. Honestly, I am lucky that is all I did. Mason, Braden and Grandpa all got on and did really well. Grandpa fell off when he tried stepping off the front to get off, instead of the back, but he did not hurt himself, thank goodness!!! Too bad I had already turned off my video for that!

Since Mason is attending Texas A&M, Camden
is all about it now!


Mason was thrilled to get fuzzy crocs!

I guess now we can find out exactly where
we come from!
Now Dad can become the official
weatherman of Buckhorn!





Hoverboard!!!!!!




Key Family Christmas 2019
We had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are very blessed for all the things God has provided for our family this past year. We are looking forward to a year filled with fun, family and sports in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment