Sunday, December 8, 2019

Games, School Program and Christmas Festivities

This was probably one of the busiest weeks of the month for us! Aside from our normal schedule of allergy shots for Casen and soccer practice for Camden on Monday and Wednesday and then baseball practice Tuesday and Thursday for Casen, we had tournaments and Christmas festivities to throw in the mix. It started with Casen having his final baseball tournament of the fall season. His team did not play up to their potential, but they still had a good time.

The tournament was also a time for our kids to give
back by donating bikes to children in need.
We came home after our game on Sunday and Casen learned to ride his bike (finally). It took a four year old  as well as one of his second grade friends on our street learning to ride their bikes without training wheels to encourage him to learn. I guess whatever motivation it takes . . . Camden was so stinking thrilled for him. It was fun watching him encourage Casen and telling him how proud he was of him. I know he is excited that they will now be able to ride bikes together.


Casen's 2nd grade Christmas program took place Tuesday evening and it was very cute! 
Since he is the tallest in the whole second grade class
he was in the center on the back row.




I had several Christmas parties myself, the first was actually last week with my Bunco chics. We met up at Ambriza restaurant and had a great time. I have been a part of this group for the past four years and really look forward to getting together once a month with them for good food, fellowship and fun. Very thankful for these ladies!


On Wednesday I had a get together with several of my front office co-workers where we ate, drank and revealed who our Secret Santa was (we each had drawn a name and for 10 days had been giving our person a gift). This was the second year we have done this and we are enjoying making it a tradition. My 'sister' drew my name and spoiled me with all the things I love!

Marnie (my 'sister from the same mister, different mom' as she
tells the students at school) and Mary - my 'mom' at school.
I love these ladies so much!!! 
We ended the week with Camden having a soccer tournament which rounded out the ending to his fall soccer season.  We were up and at 'em early both days since the tournament was in Sugarland and we had to be there at 7:15am. They played up a division and ended up losing both games on Saturday and one Sunday. They had a winning season and finished on top, so this was a good look for them to see the improvements they need to make to compete at the next level. 






We are looking forward to a few weeks without sports so we can focus on the reason for the season as well as enjoy some time with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment