Monday, December 23, 2019

Better to See you With

I have been debating back and forth for several months if now was the time for Camden to get contacts. It was obvious that his vision has worsened over the year and he needed to get a new prescription. He has been very good about always wearing his glasses and is very responsible with them, choosing to take them off anytime he is playing outside, at PE/recess or soccer. He has asked about getting contacts and I told him that I did not get them until 5th grade, so was thinking we would wait until then. However, with his eye appointments falling in December versus the summer, it kind of made me think that maybe we just go for it now so that he can see clearly while he is outside doing the things he loves.

He had his eye appointment a few weeks ago and sure enough is prescription doubled in strength from last year. I asked his eye doctor her thoughts about contacts and she said if I thought he was ready, we could definitely try. She said the main issue would be if he could get his fingers close to his eye, which I knew would not be an issue, because we had been practicing that at home. So, today was his contact fitting and he did great! He was amazed at how well he could see with the contacts! He struggled a little getting them in at first, but after they brought in a different kind of lens, he was able to get them in. My boy is growing up!


This year with contacts for the fist time versus
last year with glasses for the fist time.

No comments:

Post a Comment