Friday, October 7, 2016

Busy Times and Daddy's Birthday

Things have been pretty busy in the Hood household. I guess I should update you about my change in schools. As you may recall, last year I moved from Hamilton Middle School to Windfern High School. The main reason I left Hamilton was that I thought I wanted to move towards working in administration. Taking the position at Windfern also meant that I would become the District CPR Coordinator, which would open doors for me to meet more people throughout the district which would hopefully put me where I needed to be to take the next step into administration. I did not at all mind the paperwork and administrative tasks that came with the position, and things were happening as they should have been, however after only seeing 5 - 10 students a day it made me realize that my heart truly is with the kids, and I missed that. I was seeing that administration is not where I wanted nor needed to be.

Well, luckily for me, the nurse that replaced me at Hamilton was not working out well there. I had made my feelings about my decision to not go the administrative route to my supervisor last school year so that she was aware if something changed at Hamilton that I would be interested in going back.  Several weeks into this school year the nurse that replace me resigned and my supervisor contacted me regarding the position and asked if I truly wanted to return to Hamilton. Without hesitation, yes!!! She told me not to get my hopes up as it is NOT district policy to allow a lateral move in the middle of the school year. After a week with much prayer, my supervisor fighting for me with HR and (later I found out) the principal at Hamilton also fighting for me, I received word that I would be returning on September 19th. YEA!!!! I honestly felt like I was back home and received a huge welcome back from my coworkers as well as students. It is amazing how God worked that whole situation out for me!!!

We have been busy with soccer, soccer and more soccer. The boys both have practice on Thursday evenings, so Shane and I tag team that job. Games of course are on Saturdays, however we were not lucky enough to get a schedule which allowed their games to be close to the same time. So we generally have a morning game and then an afternoon game. Camden's first love is soccer and we don't feel like he is being able to play at his potential with where he currently is practicing. Shane has been in contact with the gentleman over the Dynamos club and he invited Camden to come out and see what their practice was like. On Monday we took him out and it was the world of difference. While he started out timid since he did not know anyone and it was all new to him, by the end of practice he was doing a great job. The guy over the club mentioned that Camden could come out on Wednesday as well so that he could practice with kids that are on the same level as he is. So we also went on Wednesday and then of course had our Thursday practice yesterday with his Madrid team, so to say the least - we were all worn out. The head of the club invited Camden to practice with them weekly until we join their club in the Spring. After the week we had, we decided three nights a week of practice is too much at Camden's age, so we have decided we will just go on Wednesdays so he can continue to practice with them.

With soccer practice falling on Shane's birthday, we did not do cake last night, however we did do presents real fast. And tonight, we had cake and sang 'happy birthday', because according to the boys, you haven't had a birthday until someone sings 'Happy Birthday' to you.

I love the candles Camden chose - a '4' and then
two single candles. LOL. 

Happy Birthday Shane


No comments:

Post a Comment