Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The First Big Boo Boo and a Birthday Celebration

When we arrived home from work, Shane and I worked in the yard (which by the way is not what I had planned to do on my birthday, however with the rain that has been in the forecast, this was the first opportunity to cut the grass). While the boys were out running around, Casen fell on the concrete and got his first really big boo boo. Poor little guy, he cried, and cried, and cried, and then cried some more. :(
(This pic was taken 05/18/17)
After finishing the yard work, we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate my 43rd birthday. FORTY THREE!!! Age is just a number, right? Much to my surprise, when we arrived to the restaurant, Melissa and Shawn were already there ready to celebrate with us. We had a nice dinner, and then they put the birthday sombrero on and proceeded to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me. As you can see from the picture, the waiter had bad aim and instead of putting whipped creme on my nose, it ended up in my eye. Casen's facial expression makes me laugh (since both of my boys are scared of the whipped creme). He didn't know what to think.


We then headed back to the house to enjoy a delicious Baskin-Robbins chocolate almond ice cream cake. Yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment