Sunday, May 8, 2016

Baseball Comes to an End

Today was a day that, sadly, Camden has been looking forward to. Today marked the end of his baseball season. Through this season, he has decided that perhaps at this point baseball is not for him. He would much prefer to play soccer and basketball. While he did really great and improved so much this season, he just wasn't a huge fan of the game. I think part of his issue with the game is that even though it is considered a team sport, there is a lot of focus on each individual - which he does not like to be the focus of any attention at all. With soccer and basketball, they are both much more fast paced and are more team oriented. To sum up his season he played mainly third base, but also played in the outfield a bit. He hit the ball the majority of time he was up to bat, and this was his first year with coach pitch. We were proud that even though he decided early in the season that it was not his favorite, he still gave it his all. He was very focused and while some of his other teammates may have been messing around, he was always very focused and aware while on the field.

Focused

The face of a boy who
is happy baseball season is over

Receiving his last sticker for his helmet

I will say that I do believe Casen will be our little baseball player. For the majority of the games, he sat right beside me learning the game of baseball. He now understands fouls, balls, strikes, etc. He even loves to watch baseball on T.V. and will generally get up in front of the TV and mimic the game that is going on. Another dead give away is, he loves to wear hats - just like his daddy!
Proud of both my boys! 
And while today was Camden's last baseball game, it was also Mother's Day. I must say I wouldn't have wanted to spend my day any other way than spending time with my boys. Today pretty much summed up the life of a boy mom!

My Mother's Day gifts.

I love that I received this precious gift from Camden.
My sister has the exact same gift from Braden from when
he was in Kindergarten and I always loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment