Thursday, July 24, 2014

What is Summer Without Ice Cream?

I LOVE ice cream - period. I would eat it every day if it did not mess with my girly figure. But, since they have not figured out how to make ice cream have no calories or fat and still be rich and creamy I have to watch my consumption of it. Now if you live in Texas, there has got to be some Blue Bell flavor that you just love. Mine was always Fudge Brownie Nut, that is until they retired it!!! UGH!!!! Now, anything with chocolate in nuts is good to me! I have always wanted to visit Blue Bell so I could see just how they make their ice cream, and how in my 41 years I have not made it there, I have no idea. But, I figured today was a good day for us to make the trip to Brenham and go on a tour of Blue Bell. Can I tell you how excited I was???


The tour was really interesting and it was really neat to see what a well oiled machine that company is. We all enjoyed the tour and I think all of our favorite part was getting a scoop of ice cream at the end!


Camden with Birthday Cake ice cream
Casen with Triple Chocolate ice cream


My three guys enjoying their ice cream


After we got home and had some lunch, we took the boys to the neighborhood pool where they had a great time swimming and playing. Tonight as I was putting Camden to bed I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, of course thinking he would say something about Blue Bell. His response, "Going swimming!" Seriously - swimming over ice cream????? Where did this boy come from! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment