Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cafe au Lait Spot

Today while Camden was away on a play date at his friends house, I let Casen get in his little pool to splash around. While he was standing up in his pool, I noticed a rather large spot, which I would consider a birthmark, under his right nipple towards his right arm pit. It caught me off guard for a minute, since he is two and I have never noticed this spot before.


So of course, I go online and started researching it. It is called a cafe au lait spot which is French for 'coffee with milk' which refers to its light brown color. It is more noticeable after sun exposure. So that explains why I noticed it today. Apparently it is benign unless you notice six or more that are 5mm or larger before puberty, which then it can be related to all sorts of syndromes and problems. So, we will pray that this is the only one he ever has!

No comments:

Post a Comment