Thursday, July 3, 2014

Camden's Second Annual Trip to Grandma and Grandpa Key's

After his trip last year to Grandma and Grandpa Key's house last summer, Camden was already planning his trip for this summer. Sadly, we adults had been planning it for months, however we never let him know or else it would have been daily questioning for Shane and me about when it was his time to go there. So we basically told him Monday night, prior to his going on Tuesday morning. Of course he was thrilled and had his laundry list of items he needed to take including his fishing shirt, goggles, water toys and crocs.

Tuesday morning, since I am still in summer school, Shane and Casen drove Camden to Luling to meet my parents half way. As we thought, Casen was a bit sad to leave his brother. He always knows where and what his 'brudder' is doing, so it was an adjustment for him not knowing where Camden was. We had to remind him after every nap and when he woke up in the mornings that Camden was at Grandma and Grandpa Key's and luckily, that pacified him. Every night before bedtime, we would have to call and Facetime Camden so that they could tell each other 'I love you' and good night. Such sweet boys!!!!




While Camden was there, Grandma took him to the pool everyday, including the day they got there. There were other kids there to play with and he would jump in and out of the pool and going swimming, all without his floaties. Seems as though our swimming lessons did him good! One of his highlights while he is there is being able to deliver the paper to Bob and Darlene, one of my parents neighbors. When he delivers the paper, they generally give him candy, namely a peppermint. It makes Camden's day - the little things, right?


This morning, we received news that Shane's uncle Harold died unexpectedly in Alabama. We have decided to go to the funeral, which means cutting Camden's week long trip rather short. When I called to tell mom, she told me he was going to be very upset because he was looking very forward to all of the Fourth of July festivities they had planned. Also, they had not yet been fishing, which he was looking forward to. When we called to tell Camden this evening the news, he started crying and was very upset. He was sad about the Fourth of July, but also told my mom he was sad because he would not be able to go to her church. : (

I know Camden will be looking forward to his next trip back to Grandma and Grandpa's. It warms my heart that he loves to go visit them just as much as I loved to go to Missouri and visit my grandparents when I was a kid. I have very fond memories of that and love that they are creating those memories together.

No comments:

Post a Comment