Saturday, May 17, 2014

Splash-N-Dash and Birthday Fun

Let me just start by saying that I really do not like to celebrate my birthday. I honestly don't know why, I just don't. Fortunately for me, there were a lot of things planned this year on my birthday weekend that had nothing to do with my birthday, per se, however it made it a fun weekend! It all started on Friday when I entered my office and found all sorts of fun treats. My friends know me all too well!! 



Then after school I went on a trip to the Astros game with over 100 kids from the athletics department at school. It brought back memories of riding the yellow dogs on band trips in high school - hanging out with your friends and having a good time. Luckily two of my awesome friends and co-workers went on this Astros trip which made it an extra fun time.

Me, Shana and Pam

While I was at the game, Shane took the boys to Wendy's, which Camden thought was a wonderful restaurant. (I think it was the Frostys that won him over).


On Saturday, the school where I work had their second annual Splash-N-Dash fun run, which basically is a color run. I signed Camden and myself up to participate, knowing how much Camden LOVES to run. Shane and Casen came for support, and to take pictures. : ) The fun run is a mile around the school grounds. Camden loved it so much we ran it three times around, each time getting more and more color on us!

Pam protecting Casen from a life size dog

Camden and I just getting started.
After running through our first color station


After running our first mile.

Casen playing while waiting for us to run

After our third mile - LOTS of color!

Camden enjoying a popsicle after our run
My little monkey enjoying a banana





Camden throwing some color

Front
Back


I am so glad the school had a party on my birthday!!! Just kidding - but it was a fun way to spend our morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment