Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Camden's First Real Teeth Cleaning

Yesterday Camden and I went to the dentist for a routine check up and cleaning. Camden has been one other time to the dentist, but it was just a happy visit where they just looked at his teeth. So today he was a bit apprehensive about what was going to take place. The dental hygienist was just awesome with him. She made him feel so relaxed and even had him helping her suck the spit out of his mouth.



When the dentist checked his teeth I asked him about what the previous dentist told us about his back molars being 'chalky' most likely as a result of me being on IV prednisone while pregnant with Camden. He agreed and even noted that his bottom right tooth already had a little chip out of it. He recommended us taking him to a pediadontist in the future to have his back molars possibly capped. Can I tell you how sad that makes me? I know it is petty because they are baby teeth, but I really don't want Camden having silver caps in his mouth mainly because I do not want him scared of dentists the rest of his life. Otherwise, Camden's teeth looked great. After his check up he got several cool things! Dr. Wainwright gave him a card for a free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins and he got to go to the treasure drawer where he asked the hygienist if he could get two things, one from him and one for Casen. (So sweet - always looking out for Casen).

While I was getting my teeth cleaned, Dr. Wainwright came and got Camden and took him to another room to have him pick out a survival bracelet. Apparently Dr. Wainwright makes these bracelets and gives them out to the kids. When he asked Camden what color he wanted, he of course said blue. Unfortunately he did not have a blue one in Camden's size but assured me he would make one. Sure enough the next day I received a call from the dentist office saying that Camden's bracelet was ready to be picked up! Soooo cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment