Saturday, May 10, 2014

Last Game of the Season

Yesterday when I picked Camden up from school the first thing he said to me was that his legs hurt. When we got in the car, he was a bit whiny and I noticed he felt hot. By the time we got home and I checked his temp, he was over 102. I medicated him and prayed that when he woke up this morning, he would be all better. But of course, that did not happen. So what do you do when it is your child's last game of the season and the team party is after the game? Well, you do what any great parent would do, you medicate him and send him out to play against your better judgement! So, he did not really play well at all, however he was glad to be playing with his team mates and was able to score one goal. It was a great ending to an awesome season. His Nana, Poppa Ron, Melissa and Braden also came to watch his final game.Since these kids have played together since Fall, they have made such vast improvements and do really well together. 


The 2014 Blue Crocs

My little soccer player

Casen flirting with Melissa
Going through the victory tunnel

A picture is worth a thousand words

After the game, Camden's team headed over to the park for their end of the season party. They played for awhile, then enjoyed some sweet treats and received their trophies.







Busted eating his third cookie!
     
Camden being presented his trophy

Poor guy, by the end he felt so bad
and had no desire to smile for me
On our way home, we made a detour at the Redi-Clinic where Shane dropped Camden and I off while he took Casen home to stay with Nana and Poppa Ron while we figured out what was wrong with Camden. I had a sneaking suspicion that it was strep throat, since it is going around his school. Of course his temperature was over 102 when they checked him and the nurse practitioner looked in his throat and said it looked like strep but decided not to swab him for strep and instead decided to prescribe Amoxicillin and called in tonsillitis since the treatment for them are the same. 

When we got home, Camden went and took a nap while I waited for Kroger to call me and tell me his antibiotic was in. After several hours and no call, I called them and they had not even received the prescription, so after multiple calls back and forth between the Redi-Clinic and Kroger, Camden's temperature spiking to 104.3 and six hours later, I finally got his antibiotic. Poor little guy, I felt so bad for him. On top of it all, he was supposed to go to his cousin Gavin's birthday party this evening but was unable to go due to being contagious. Hopefully tomorrow he will wake up feeling like a new guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment