Monday, April 29, 2013

The Reflux Roller Coaster

Well just as fast as Casen got good after starting Maalox, he got bad after stopping it. On Tuesday I called the doctor to see how long I could keep him on Maalox because I was concerned due to the aluminum in it. He recommended I stop it and restart his Zantac that he was previously on, but reminded me that it takes a few days to take effect. Well I had already restarted his medication two days prior, so I was hoping that I was a few days ahead of the game with that. By Wednesday afternoon, he was back to not eating and was only drinking about 15 ounces of formula a day and not wanting to bounce in his bouncer. I have offered everything known to man to him to eat, and finally, last night he ate some sandwich. Today he ate everything offered to him plus some!!! I am praying that his Zantac has finally kicked in and that my big eater is back for good!


While we have been working to get Casen on track, Camden has been having a ball - literally. He was absolutely thrilled this evening after Shane blew up this awesome castle ball pit that my great friend Lorrie handed down to us. We could hardly get him out of it! Thank you Lorrie!!!!



This is one happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment