Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mini Vacation in Kerrville

To say I have been bored out of my mind would be an understatement. I am not one that can sit in a house and do nothing, and I feel like that is all that I have done all summer long. That is where Shane and I are soooo much different it is painful. He is perfectly content sitting at home - so convincing him that we needed to go visit my parents with a 6 week old and 2 1/2 year old in tow was a chore - however I did it. So on Monday, we packed everything we needed and headed to Kerrville. Casen and Camden were awesome travelers and Casen pretty much slept the whole time except for when it was feeding time, which we stopped and fed his little belly, as well as ours.

While in Kerrville, we visited with both of my grandmothers. They were both thrilled to get to meet Casen as well as see Camden and how much he has grown.

Nan Naw and Casen

Nan Naw and Camden
Great Grandma Key and Casen
Since the weather was great and there was always a breeze, we spent the majority of our time outside. Camden had an awesome time playing on the playground, playing golf, shooting water guns and fishing. My Dad and Shane took him down to the creek where he fished with hot dog on a Spiderman fishing pole. He pretty much caught a perch with every cast, however his last cast he got lucky and scored a nice large mouth bass!!!! As he is with everything new, he was a bit scared, but once he realized that the fish weren't going to hurt him, he was O.K.

Fun on the slide

The next golf pro

Fun with water guns

Proud of his catch
I love the look on his face
Camden concentrating on reeling in the big one

He wouldn't hold the 'big one' so Grandpa
held it for him while he posed
And while all the great fishing was going on,
Casen was getting his belly full

Casen enjoyed his time at Grandma and Grandpa's

Casen sporting his first sleeveless outfit
(Camden has never worn a sleeveless outfit to this day!)

Grandpa Key with the boys

My sweet boys!
We headed back home today and once again, Camden and Casen did great. Casen slept on the way home and the only time we heard a peep out of him was when it was time to eat. As in the past, we had a great time getting to visit with my parents and their neighbors. Now that Camden is getting older, there are more things for him to do and since he loves being outside he enjoyed his time there even more!





No comments:

Post a Comment