Thursday, July 19, 2012

6 Weeks

Today Casen turned six weeks old and I had my six week follow up appointment with my OBGYN, Dr. Bruce. She examined me and said everything looked great, which I was thrilled to hear since it took me over ten weeks to heal after Camden due to my extensive tearing. I am now just to follow up with her for my yearly pap smear.

Casen is doing great - last night he went 5 1/2 hours between his night feeding, which is nice. Aside from that feeding, he generally only lasts two to three hours between feedings during the day. I must say I am more than ready for that time to extend because some days I feel like I do nothing but breastfeed. I have really started working on increasing my milk supply in the freezer in preparation for when I return to work. I have now been dairy free for 3 weeks which is no fun at all. However, I have found some vegan cheese, which tastes like cheese, however does not melt worth a flip, and also found some dairy free ice cream sandwiches, which taste great, however I am not sure they agree with Casen. I have only had one, but will make my final decision after I have another one. I would love to know what I do to my children to make them intolerant of dairy in their infant stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment