Thursday, June 28, 2012

Three Weeks

It is so hard to believe that Casen is 3 weeks old today. I forget just how fast the time goes by when they are so little. Luckily, he has survived his big brother as well as a mommy and daddy who are trying to remember all the things that go along with taking care of a newborn! Up until today, he has been doing fantastic. He has really only gotten fussy when he was hungry or fighting sleep and he has slept well at night. I have been holding my breath, wondering if he will have gastric reflux or dairy and egg intolerance like Camden did.

Well today, after a day full of fussiness, I started questioning if he had any of the same ailments that Camden did. Being selfish, I kept praying that it was just colic that started all of his fussiness and he was not reacting to anything I ate, however he is so gassy and his stomach is steadily growling that it is hard to determine the cause. I am definitely thinking reflux can be causing a bit of his issues, even though he really does not spit up unless I can not get him to burp (which has been a struggle). He frequently spits up in his mouth and you can hear him swallowing it and sometimes it causes him to cry. I plan on going and purchasing Colic Calm, which is an herbal treatment for digestive issues, colic, reflux and gas. We have been giving him Mylicon, but have not seen the relief that we had hoped for. Hopefully by the time he is four weeks, I will have better news to report!

Regardless of the issues, he is still just as sweet as ever and I can't get enough of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment