Thursday, June 21, 2012

2 Week Appointment

Today Casen had his two week check up with Dr. Worrall and I could not be prouder. He weighed 8 pounds 4.8 ounces and was 20.75 inches long. His head circumference was 14.09 inches. He is in the 53rd percentile for his height and 37th percentile for weight and is progressing well. I was thrilled, because looking back, Camden had only gained a few ounces and Casen is 2 ounces short of gaining a pound since his birth. He is definitely my eater and I am a much better milk producer this go around, which is a blessing for my obsessive compulsive self.


Dr. Worrall decided not to recheck his bilirubin because his color was good and the whites of his eyes were more white now than yellow. They did, however, still have to do a heel stick for the required state testing they do. Also, when he checked Casen's penis, he noticed that the skin was trying to grow back so he pushed the skin back, which made Casen cry a little, and instructed me to apply vaseline to the area for a few days. He said if it did keep trying to grow back, we would have to re-circumcise him. NOT what I want, so I will make sure that the skin stays back (although he told me not to pull it back like he did because it was still healing in some places.)

His next appointment is scheduled for July 31st, at which time he will be getting some of his immunizations. That is not an appointment I am looking forward to, but a necessary evil. I will however be anxious to see his weight at his next appointment.

Today Casen also went for his first walk. Shane took Camden to the neighborhood pool and Casen and I walked to the pool to make sure the boys were having fun - which they were!

Casen in his stroller at the pool
Camden at the pool
Camden and his daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment