Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finally!!!

Well, I think we finally have the name picked out. As you know, we had pretty much come up with a first name, but the middle name was not coming any easier than the first one did. I spent a lot of time looking for a one syllable name that had a good Christian meaning and the only one I came up with that I liked, Shane did not care for. So as we were driving to Kerrville Thursday, I again was thinking about it and had received word earlier in the day that Shane's grandfather had to have an emergency appendectomy and to boot, it was on he and Granny's 65th anniversary (and our 5th anniversary). As I was thinking about how much I absolutely love Shane's grandparents, how much he loves them, and just what they mean to not only their family, but anyone who comes in contact with them, I thought about Shane's grandfather's name, James, and thought that it seemed to go well with Casen. So I sat on the thought for a few days and shared it with Shane on the way home from Kerrville. I let him think about it for a few days, and tonight when I brought it up again, we agreed that James would be a great name. So, the name for baby #2 is

Casen James Hood

Now for a little funny to go along with that. As I was thinking about the middle name and thought of James, I was certain that it would have a great Christian meaning, which would meet the requirements we were looking for. When I told Shane tonight that I had not even looked up the meaning of James, he informed me that it meant 'supplanter; substitute'. What?? Where the heck is the great Christian meaning I am sure it had? We laughed about it and as I told Shane, the meaning of James as we know it from his grandfather has a far greater meaning to us than what a book says. As for the meaning of Casen, being spelled the way we chose it is Scandinavian and means pure.


No comments:

Post a Comment