Thursday, December 1, 2011

Appointment - 12 Weeks

Today I had my 12 week OB appointment with Dr. Bruce. Of course my weight was obtained, which was up 4 pounds from my starting pregnancy weight. The babies heart rate was 160 bpm, which is a bit faster than the 144 bpm that Camden had at 13 weeks. Dr. Bruce reviewed my labwork and told me that my thyroid is low, which we will recheck at 28 weeks, Also, my Vitamin D is low and I was instructed to start Vitamin D 1000IU  2 tabs daily and again it will be rechecked at 28 weeks.

I find it very interesting that just 2 years ago I was pregnant, and so much has already changed with some of the prenatal care. For instance, I am taking a prenatal vitamin but along with it I am taking a DHA vitamin. Also I don't even recall them checking my Vitamin D level during my last pregnancy, but I do know that the Vitamin D issue is more of a hot topic right now. It ought to be interesting to see what else will be different as the weeks progress.

As to how I have been feeling, I still have some nausea, but it is not daily. It seems my energy has still not gotten back to where I would like it. I am definitely more exhausted this first trimester then when I was pregnant with Camden. The evenings seem to be a really bad time for me and when I seem to be feeling the worst. It also seems if I do too much, like when Mom and I spent the day after Thanksgiving doing some shopping, then I definitely pay for it the next day. That is really hard for me because I feel like I am being lazy and not getting near as much accomplished as I want. I am definitely looking forward to some energy returning in the second trimester. Also, even though my weight is 5 pounds less at this time in my pregnancy then when I was pregnant with Camden, I am feeling much 'larger'. I again am taking pictures of my progression in the same outfit as I did with Camden.

12 Weeks

1 comment: