Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6 Weeks 1 Day

So I think the pregnancy hormones are kicking in and that part I don't care for, since I am an emotional person to begin with!!! I think I will do my best to work on trying to control them, but to be honest I am not sure that is an option. As far as my body goes, I have not really had any morning sickness, but have felt "blah" a few mornings. I will take "blah" over nausea any day though. On Tuesday I did have to have some extra lab work because my new nephew, Gavin, and his mother, Shanelle, have whooping cough and we were exposed to them while in Texas. They are checking to make sure that I still have immunity to pertussis (or whooping cough).

On Sunday my grandmother (Nan Naw) called because she had found out that I was pregnant, but the way she found out was funny. My nephew, Braden, was staying with my parents and they went to visit Nan Naw. She asked him if he had talked to me lately and his response to her was "No, she is in the hospital." Well, to say the least she was taken back. She questioned him several times, and when she asked him how he knew this he told her his parents said I was. Finally, my mother came into the room and also started questioning him and figured out that he thought I was in the hospital since he heard his parents saying that I was having a baby. Too cute!!! The mind of a 6 year old is too precious.


How are baby is growing:

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. The baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, our baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.



No comments:

Post a Comment