Wednesday, June 24, 2009

7 Weeks 1 Day

It is the seventh week of pregnancy and apparently the beginning of being nauseated and tired!! I have been feeling "blah" as I would call it, but today the nausea definitely set in. And if that was not enough, around two this afternoon I was ready for a nap (me, the non-napper). I find that eating a few crackers or something of the like helps, but seems to be short lived. Luckily, it just seems to be for a few hours in the morning, and a few hours in the evening. I chuckle at reading the books on pregnancy because their solution to combating the fatigue, is to try to take a 15 minute nap at your job. I am a nurse and I can assure you I don't have the time or the place to take a nap. So, like the majority of other pregnant women in the world, I will just work through it!!

When I got home today, Shane and Connor gave me a late Mother's Day gift. (Since Connor lives in Texas, we usually celebrate Mother's Day sometime during the summer.) It was a book of 100,000 baby names. As far as I am concerned, we need all the help we can get with this because we have not a clue what we will name our child. The one thing I do know, is that the boy's name will NOT be Talon. Since Shane and I have been dating, he has told me that he likes the name Talon for a boy. The only thing I can think of when I hear that name is an eagle's claw. Not what I have envisioned for my child. Shane's solution to me not wanting that name is to have me knocked out after the child is born and then putting Talon on the birth certificate. If any of you reading this are present during my child's birth, PLEASE, PLEASE do not allow this!!! LOL!!! : ) I remind Shane that God does have a sense of humor and for him being so bound and determined for that name for a boy, that we will probably have a girl! Of course, I truly have no preference at all, just pray for a healthy baby. Only time will tell.

How our baby is growing:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. Technically, the baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. Both hemispheres of our baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in the baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.


No comments:

Post a Comment