Sunday, April 26, 2020

Quarantined - Week 6

Casen had a pleasant surprise Monday morning when he checked his agenda and his work load was decreased. Yay!!!! We were so glad after last week's work taking a little more time than his normal due to a research project we were working on. I am here to tell you, we have some serious work going on over here!!!! Camden did awesome with his school work and finished off his week with a Zoom meeting with his class.


Of course a lot of the week has been spent loving on the puppy. She is doing really well at night. She sleeps in a kennel in our room and I generally wake up around 3:00 am to take her out and then she goes back to sleep until between 6:00 and 7:00 am. We of course are doing our best with potty training. She honestly has not had that many accidents, probably because we don't let her. We have her outside every time you turn around.



Growing up we had a dog, Snickers, who
laid like this and I love that Nina does too!



Sweet baby girl!

On Monday I had to go into work to pack up my clinic. We are having renovations on our school that are happening sooner than expected since they can get in there and start working with no students at school. Lots of tossing old things and packing it up. I have now moved to the library and am working from there as I will be having parents come up to the school to pick up their student's medications. Between that, performing health surveys on the staff, and then attending Zoom meetings, I am staying up at school until 2:00 or so mainly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will say, it is nice to see other humans and interact with them. :)

Before pics:




After pics:




The boys and I were able to accomplish yet another project this weekend. We added a flower bed to the back of the house. Ever since we got patio furniture last year, Camden and I have wanted to add some flower beds. I let last summer get by me, but with COVID, I had no excuse. We started preparing the bed weeks ago, but due to the quarantine, we could only do part of it until we could get out and about to buy some plants and mulch. Due to restrictions of how many people can be in the store (25% capacity) as well as standing 6 feet apart, I had to wait in line awhile to get into Home Depot. Of course, picking out plants was not an easy feat because most of the flower bed is in the shade and I am not a fan of a lot of the shade loving plants. But, with my mom's help, we got the flowers picked out and planted and once they grow and fill in, I think they will be perfect!!!

They bed we dug weeks ago.
The line at Home Depot

The boys were great help!
The finished product!




















Also, my barber shop opened up this week. . . everyone was tired of looking shaggy so they all received hair cuts. I thought they turned out fine. I probably could have cut more off of Casen's but he has a head full of cowlicks and I was scared I was going to have hair sticking out everywhere. I will tell you, I was a bit disappointed not one of my customers paid nor tipped me. Maybe they were trying to tell me something . . .

Bathroom - make shift barber shop.
Cheaters were required 

The fresh haircuts (minus gel in Camden's to make the mohawk).
Just a few more tidbits from our week . . .

Our pepper plant has a pepper on it!!
Nothing like jumping on the trampoline
with the sprinkler.
More guitar playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment