Sunday, April 5, 2020

Qaurantined - Week 3

As of March 31st, Governor Abbott has said that Texans should only leave their home for essential activities and has extended this through April 30th. School closures have been extended through Friday, May 1st. While it was quite evident this was going to be the case, it really took the wind out of my sail when I actually saw it in writing. It has been a long 3 weeks. . . On April 3rd, President Trump announced that the CDC recommends people wear face coverings (masks) while in public to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Grocery stores have limited the amount of people allowed in the store at one time and have put up sneeze guards (Plexiglass shields) at the registers.

The boys have continued to do their school work from home as well as Shane and I working from home. Shane doesn't have to do too much, as he set up a Google Classroom for his student's and once a  week he posts workouts for them to do from home during the quarantine. My work days vary. I am the lead nurse for my cluster and have six nurses who I report updates and expectations to. Shane and I both have Zoom meetings through out the week to gather information of what is going on in our school districts, as well as within our own schools. I have 3 to 4 Zoom meetings a week and Shane has two a week. I must say, I look forward to Zoom meetings because it is nice to see faces of my coworkers and chat with some of my closest nurses.

The boys worked on GT assignments together.
We have taken the boys to the park to play football, the boys ride their bikes while I walk around the neighborhood and of course, more puzzles.






Camden got to FaceTime his best friend, Cole, so they could chat and catch up. We bought a magnetic dart board and between that and other board games, Uno, etc. we have played games almost every evening.


Camden has started learning to play guitar this week and Casen is watching videos and learning how to play the drums. Both boys are learning Spanish via Duolingo. I guess we are making most of this time at home.

My little drummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment