Sunday, May 3, 2020

Quarantined - Week 7

This week Nina met her cousin Bella. Talk about her being happy, her tail was just a wagging. Bella, on the other hand, was not so sure . . .  I think they will become great friends!





On Friday the boys and I joined Shane to participate in a parade for the students at his school. All the teachers decorated their vehicles, met up at the school and then drove through all the neighborhoods where their students live. It was so fun to see the kids and their families outside to see their teachers. Some of them were so grateful and had thank you signs for the teachers - that made me teary eyed knowing myself how hard these teachers are working to teach and support their students virtually and getting  some of the recognition they deserve from parents. 




I started yet another project this week - one that ended up being a little more labor intensive than I anticipated. I have never been pleased with the area on the side of our house where the gate leads into the back yard. Grass never grows there and after rain, it is a mud hole. So after perusing Pinterest, I had thought about laying a pathway of some sort. Well, it just so happens my sister is in the process of getting her pool resurfaced as well as taking up all their flagstone and laying travertine.  So Shane and I went over and got several pieces to make my pathway. I will tell you, this job would not have been near as hard as it was had it not been for all the river rock that apparently the previous owner had placed down and then grass placed over it. No wonder nothing ever grew there. There was only rock on one side that I had to dig out, but I have way more I need to dig out between the pathway and the fence . . . talk about time consuming!!!

Before Pic!

I am so tired of picking river rocks
out of the dirt!
I am pleased with the way it looks and am glad we will no longer have a mud hole there!!



Last night, about 30 minutes after we had put the boys to bed, Camden came downstairs with a tooth in hand. It had been loose for awhile, but I didn't realize it was that loose. I panicked for a minute, not sure if the tooth fairy would have cash due to the quarantine. Luckily, she did . . . 


And just to throw in a COVID-19 update, on Friday Phase 1 of reopening Texas started. Local businesses and restaurants were finally able to open up to patrons but could only at 25% capacity. Beaches and malls also reopened. I am glad we are finally opening up things as the economy has taken a huge hit and the unemployment rate is rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment