Sunday, April 12, 2020

Quarantined - Week 4

Up until this point, the boys have been doing their school work, but no grades have been taken. As of this week, the boys will now being doing their work for grades. The district has said that they can not make any less than what they made on their report cards for the third marking period, but they can improve their grades.

I realized that I am not the best teacher. I forget that Casen is seven years old - literally I was talking to Shane and said something about Casen being eight and he gently reminded me that he is only seven. I have allowed him to do his school work daily by himself, checking on him as needed and realized he really needs more one on one attention to learn some things, just as any second grader would if he was sitting in a class. So, next week I believe we will change things up a bit with him. Camden is doing great and of course if he has any questions or concerns he checks in and we review things together. They are both learning geometry right now which I love, so all is well in the Math world!

Mollie helping Camden with his school work
The boys are continuing their music learning. Camden has learned how to play the chorus of 'Push It' on the guitar. He is currently following the Fender App. He loves it and is so proud of what he has learned. Casen continues to beat on either a pillow or drum pad and is rocking it!

Our pepper plant is doing awesome. All the special attention and water the boys are giving it is paying off.


I returned to work this week. I am expected to go to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays now to perform a health survey and temperature check on staff that will be having contact with the public by handing out paper packets. On Tuesdays I will be working about two hours on campus and on Thursdays I will be there closer to 3 hours as I have to get there earlier to ask one of our assistant principals the health survey as well as take his temperature prior to him boarding a bus to deliver packets to those that don't have transportation to come to school and pick theirs up.

Camden asked me to text a picture of myself with my mask on, and his response cracked me up!


This week they announced that proms will be cancelled and our high school graduations are being moved to July. While they still have not cancelled school, we can easily read between the lines and see that we will not be returning to finish out our 'normal' school year. I am not going to lie, this is difficult news to hear. As a person that works in the education field, it is hard to think about those students who love to come to school because it is their safe place, their get away. Home, for some, is not a fun place to be. Maybe some are without food, support or the love they need. Some are tending to their siblings while their single parent is out working to make ends meet. The days are long and hard for those kiddos and they are who I worry about the most. I feel for all the seniors who were looking forward to making memories with their senior class. Those senior memories that most of us think back on fondly and reminisce will look completely different for this senior class. For some, this is what they have been looking forward to for the majority of their life. I loved my senior year and have such fond memories - it makes me sad that their memories are going to be centered around being quarantined.

Camden had his first Zoom meeting with his soccer team. It was fun to see all their faces - as much as it has been nice to slow down life during the quarantine, we still miss soccer and baseball!


Last night we had S'mores and they were YUMMY!!!





















Today is Easter and while we did not buy new Easter outfits or dress up and go to church, we watched an Easter service from the comfort of our living room. Of course, the Easter Bunny left baskets with lots of yummy treats and we had an Easter Egg hunt.





Counting their money!



No comments:

Post a Comment