Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarantined - Week 2

Monday was our first day of remote learning as well as working from home. The boys teachers did a great job of setting up Google Classrooms for them with all their assignments and resources. No grades are being taken at this time as they are trying to figure out across the district who does or does not have access to technology and how to get those that don't have the resources they need. The boys divided up their work load so that they did some things daily. Usually they spend 2-3 hours a morning on their school work and then the rest of the afternoon is spent doing whatever else they can find along with working out every other day.



I gave the boys a little extra work this week for writing and asked them to write a paper for me about their Spring Break. Casen chose to write his by hand while Camden wanted to type his up in Google Slides. It was fun seeing what their favorite things were.






Casen's report
This week the boys and I dug a new flower bed in the backyard. Ever since we got new patio furniture last year, Camden has been on me to beautify the back yard. I have wanted to do it, but haven't seemed to find the time. Seems like now I have plenty of time . . . So, now that we have dug it, we will have to decide if going to buy some plants from a nursery is actually 'essential'.



 Our pepper plant is growing nicely.
Gas prices have continued to fall. The Valero near our neighborhood now has gas for $1.69 a gallon. People in oil and gas are fearful of their jobs. Many have lost their jobs, others are being furloughed or are working part time.


I was fortunate enough to have a Zoom happy hour with some of my coworkers. That hour online with them made my heart so happy.



There is a lot of cuddling together going on during
this time. While most days we do get dressed and
put in our contacts, we do not fix our hair (or put on make-up
in my case).
After feeling like I have done nothing but cook everyday, which truly is not the case since we have our routine of Little Ceasar's on Wednesday and McDonald's on Friday (classy, I know), we ordered take out from our favorite little Mexican restaurant. The beef fajitas were yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment