Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

With only 4 days of school left after Memorial Day, I felt it was time to get away so we could finish out the last days of school refreshed and ready to go. The boys and I headed to my parents after school on Friday for a quick get away.

The first task on my agenda was to take my uncle, Stinker, shopping for some new clothes. Since the nursing home he was staying in flooded during Hurricane Harvey, he has basically been wearing athletic type shorts and t-shirts that his cousin sent him. He had asked me a few weeks ago if I could take him shopping for clothes the next time I visited Kerrville. So first thing Saturday morning I headed over to the nursing home where he is currently residing and picked him up to head to the big mall in Kerrville. :) Basically the only two places to shop are JC Penney as well as Belk. Between the two stores we ended up with a pair of swim trunks,4 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans and 6 shirts. He was thrilled to say the least! While we were shopping, grandpa took the boys swimming, which they had a ball. Later that afternoon he came out to mom and dad's and had dinner with us. I am so ashamed to say that I did not take one picture of him and the boys - just his clothes. I am becoming a slacker in the picture taking department!


On Sunday we all got up and headed to church. Of course this was after Camden went out and gave some lovin' to his new pet, Lizzy.







Casen getting some help with a puzzle
from Uncle John. 

 After church we headed to the Art Festival that was being held in downtown Kerrville.

Casen's first time to ride without a booster seat. He
was so excited and felt like such a big boy.

Camden made a beaded bracelet.

After our day of fun activities, we headed to the barn to have pulled pork sandwiches and then enjoyed some ice cream.



















With all the business of the weekend, I had not yet made time to visit grandma, so she was first on my list of things to do today. Dad and I headed out to visit with her and while we were chatting with her she recalled that it was my dad's birthday. After we discussed his age and her age, she asked him, "Pat, what are we going to do about this?" His answer was, "We are going to keep living until we die." After thinking a second she said, "Well I guess that sounds good." So I guess we all need to take heed and keep on living until you die!


We had a great weekend and the boys are ready to return for their week long visit in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment