Wednesday, May 30, 2018

End of Year Parties

Tomorrow the boys only attend school half a day on their last day, so they had their end of year parties today. They were excited about the parties, however the main thing both boys were most excited about and were anticipating was if they were going to be mileage club winners (running the most laps in PE throughout the year). Camden was a bit concerned if he was going to win first place or not because there was a boy who had a few more laps than him, however the boy was in a different class which was able to run more days than his class due to activities that were going on at school. Apparently several weeks ago, Camden had been thinking about it and due to his concern he approached one of his PE coaches to ask her about it. She said she would figure out the amount of days each class had ran to make sure it was fair. Of course I would not know how the boys did until their class parties.

When I arrived to the school, the boys told me I was to go to Casen's class first and then to Camden's class. First thing Casen showed me was his First Place Mileage Club Medal that he was so proud of. He then enjoyed snacks, decorating a cookie to make it look like a beach and of course posing for a picture with his teacher, Mrs. Prince.

First Place!

Mrs. Prince and Casen
Beach cookie


I then headed over to Camden's class. He was not wearing a medal when I arrived and my heart kind of sank. He said, "Well, I didn't get second." I responded positively so that he didn't realize I was sad knowing he was disappointed, "Oh, that is OK." As I am getting ready to console him, he pulled a medal out of his pocket and with a huge grin on face and said, "I got first! I tricked you!!!" I am not sure if he was more proud of getting the medal or tricking me. Turd!!!!


Camden had fun eating snacks, chatting with his friends as well as decorating a cookie and of course I had him pose for a picture with his teacher, Mrs. Madere.


Matthew, Camden and Elijah



Mrs. Madere and Camden



No comments:

Post a Comment