Sunday, April 29, 2018

Doing What They Love


We had another busy weekend with the boys activities. Honestly, I don't mind going and blowing all weekend long. It is fun watching my boys do what they love and I wouldn't have it any other way.

For the third year in a row, Camden had artwork that was chosen to be displayed in Tomball ISD Fine Arts Festival. He loves art so it is always fun to see him get acknowledgment from his teacher for doing a good job. I will admit, the first year we received notice that he had artwork displayed, I figured all the kids had artwork at the festival. But now that Casen is in school it is clear that only certain student's artwork gets chosen. Casen honestly could care less about drawing or art, so he did not have any artwork at the festival - which luckily did not phase him a bit. Thank goodness that our kids have different interests and things they are good at or life would be boring!  I got tickled while we were at the festival and I ran into one of the girls from my Bunco group who was there to see her daughter's artwork. She said her daughter was so excited and she didn't have the heart to tell her daughter that everyone's artwork was there. I had to tell her that her daughter did indeed have something to be proud of because we now have proof that not everyone's gets selected. :)


After the art festival, the boys got fresh haircuts and then we headed to the first of Casen's baseball games this weekend. It is the final tournament of the baseball season to determine the championship winners of the 6U Farm League. We played two games yesterday, which we won both, so today our fourth ranked team ended up playing the team that is undefeated (they are the only select team playing in our league and have been together for several years). They have run ruled every other team they have played, however today we gave them a run for their money. It was such an exciting game and we were ahead the majority of the game but ended up losing. We were extremely proud of the boys and the way they played. We will play next weekend for the B Bracket Championship.

New do's. 

I love how he cheers on his teammates
regardless if he is in the dugout or on base.

Hopefully he doesn't bite that tongue off one day. 


I had a bit of mommy guilt with the boys schedules today. Camden had a soccer game that started an hour after the start of the game Casen had against the undefeated team. I really wanted to see the baseball game and Cole G's (Camden's great friend who is on his soccer team) mom knew I wanted to see it so offered to take Camden to his game. I debated and debated, but when I asked Camden about it, he was more than happy for me to go to the game because that meant he could hang out at Cole G's house a bit before going to his soccer game. I guess it ended up being a win-win for us both. And we made it to Camden's game during the first half, so we did not end up missing too much!



He looks so grown in the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment