Friday, May 5, 2017

Pre-Kindergarten Graduation

This weekend was a weekend full of celebrations in our family. I actually ended up taking off Friday so that I could get prepared for all the weekend had in store We started out with Muffins with Mom at Casen's school on Friday morning. Casen was so excited to give me the gift he made, and I was thrilled to receive it. We enjoyed muffins together, which Casen served me my muffin and juice, and visited with some of the other moms.



Later that evening was Casen's graduation from Pre-Kindergarten. Several weeks ago we received the invitation to his graduation and it hit me like a ton of bricks! How could it already be that time? I was so excited for this day for his sake, yet this was closing yet another chapter in our lives. He was so excited that all of our family was coming to celebrate his graduation with him. He was fortunate to have my parents, Shane's parents, my sister and her family and then Shane's sister and her family all come to watch his graduation.






















They started graduation with the kids marching in and then reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as well as the Texas Pledge.


They then sang multiple songs, some with sign language and some with other hand motions.



The kids then went to change into the gowns, while the audience watched a slide show of all the things they had done during the year. Talk about the tears being shed - hard to take pictures while you are crying!




The top right picture makes me laugh because if they
tied Casen's shoes once, they tied them a million times.





Pre-K Pet Show

Making Stone Soup


From grapes to grape juice

A little jealous that Casen has already done this as
this is one of the things on my bucket list. 





Week of the Young Child 








The final slides were of the kiddos
waving good bye.

















And then they lined up to receive their diplomas. Casen is taller than all of his class mates so he looked so big standing in line with them awaiting his name to be called.



Hugging his teachers, Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Diane



















Mrs. Kathy has been in in our family since Mason went to Pre-K at the ELC. She has now had all of the 'Key' boys and our family is so appreciative of her service and years of dedication to these kids. We are going to miss her!


After the graduation ceremony, we headed to our favorite local Mexican restaurant and had a great time eating and visiting with everyone.

Casen received some 'Guardian of the Galaxy' guys from us for graduation, a gradation owl and money from Melissa and her family, money from my parents and also cards. I love that our kids have the support of their family - I pray they also know how fortunate they are.




Casen, I can't believe you are finally heading to kindergarten. As they say, the days have been long, but the years short with you. Your stubborn, but overly loving soul will no doubt help you in the years to come. I can't wait to see how you flourish once you get to 'big school'. I am so proud of you and in no time at all, I will be sitting at your high school graduation, again, tears streaming down my face, as I remember all that you have accomplished and anticipating what the world will have in store for you. We love you and are so proud of you!






No comments:

Post a Comment