Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Today marks my 8th actual Mother's Day - and boy do I love being a mom. Now don't get me wrong, there are days I would love to run away and never come back. There are days I mess up and yell and scream and act like I have been possessed by some outside demon and feel like everyone in the house should know exactly what to do and how to act. But, luckily God and I are working on that and I pray those days become fewer and far between and I can be a better mom. But then there are days that the boys do things that just make my heart melt and I remember why exactly I wanted to be a mom.


They boys had hand made gifts for me today. Interestingly enough, they both made a pot holder with a hand print on it. Camden made his at school, and Casen made his today during Sunday School. But how fun that I received one from each of them so I can always see just how small their hands were at this time in their lives.


Camden had several different cards and notes he had made me. One of my favorite things was his 'People Mother of the Year'. Inside of it he listed things all about his Mom. His teacher told me at field day the other day that she had instructed her students to do some investigating so that they would have good answers to the questions they were going to have to answer about their moms. Camden did a pretty good job answering the questions. I can assure you though that water is not my favorite drink and that I am not happy always - but I absolutely love that he thinks I am always happy (perhaps he blocks those moments I am possessed out of his head). LOL.




























While at field day, Mrs. Martinez was telling another mom and I about our Mother's Day gifts and how she got a lot of laughs about what some of the kids wrote about their moms. She said one student wrote that her mom's favorite drink was wine (had my friend Lorrie's daughter been in Camden's class, it would have been her, as her daughter wrote just that this year : ). When Mrs. Martinez was saying that, I honestly thought I was in the clear - that surely Camden didn't write anything that would cause other's to get a chuckle, except maybe about my age or weight or something. But, nope, I was wrong. Look at #10 on 10 Things I Love About My Mom:


That may be misconstrued by some . . . but I can assure you it is all for convenience reasons - makes less mess than a bath and I can get them in and out in no time flat! Oh well, it is what it is and I am not scarred or have adverse issues due to the way I was raised. Judge if you want, I am going to keep on keeping on, doing things that make life easier for us. :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day - wish I could have spent some time with my own mom today, however we will celebrate in a few weeks when Casen and I head to Kerrville to spend some time with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment