Monday, December 23, 2013

Cookies for Santa


This year, the boys and I were invited by Shawn's sister, Valerie, to come over and decorate cookies for Santa with all of Mason and Braden's cousins. I was thrilled that Valerie invited us over because I love things like that were families get together and make memories and traditions. I decided that I would just take Camden, since Casen is still in a phase where he wants to only be held by me and honestly can make things miserable for others if he does not get his wishes fulfilled if I am around. (Now if I am nowhere around, he is the most pleasant little guy!). So Camden and I rode with Melissa and her family over to Valerie's where we had a great time playing and visiting with the in-laws! First on the agenda was some playing and eating pizza and other snacks. Then, the decorating began. I must say, Camden's cookies were quite artistic, to say the least. Thankfully Mason helped Camden with his decorating.



Mason and Camden
It was then time to make popcorn balls. I have never made those, so found that whole process interesting. I didn't let Camden have too much involvement with them at the beginning for fear he would burn his hands, but he did end up making one after the syrup that makes the popcorn stick together cooled off just a bit.

Mason helping Camden

"Ahhhhhh, it is hot!!!!!"

Camden with his first ever popcorn ball



 


No comments:

Post a Comment