Saturday, December 7, 2013

18 Month Update

Holy cow - where is the time going??? I think since Casen is not yet walking, I forget how old he really is. Or perhaps I am in denial! At this given point, I am not fretting that he is not walking since he seems to be progressing slowly but surely, however I might start fretting if the doctor makes me feel I need to at his 18 month appointment. He is still using his walker, which really is a funny site because he walks very stiff legged and as my dad would say, looks like he has a cobb stuck up his butt. I got great news at school on Monday when I arrived. Mrs. Jessica, the daycare's director stopped me and asked me if I was ready for Casen to move up to the toddler room in January. Ready . . . . ready???? Heck yeah I am ready, I have been ready since August when that is the room he was supposed to start in!!! Not only will this put him with the kiddos his same age, but it will save me $40 a month too!!! Woo hoo!!! So they will start transitioning him in the next few weeks so that the week before we are out for Christmas break he will hang out in the toddler room for a bit each day.

Now as far as what else is going on with him:
  • He LOVES Mickey Mouse and will be asking for some Mickey Mouse things for Christmas. He loves to get his brothers phone and watch 'Mouw' or 'Me Mouw' on Disney Junior. 

  • Words he says on his own: drink, eat, poo poo, no, side (outside), momma, daddy, more, peez (please), tain too (thank you), book, ball, football, Zach, stuck, eye, ba (bath), me, go, cheese, blue, shoe, sock. He will try and repeat many words you say which I can even begin to list.
  • He is wearing size 6 shoes.
  • He is still in a size 4 diaper
  • He wears 18 month to 2T clothes, more so 2T.
  • He is standing by himself for lengthy amounts of time.

  • He is a picky eater, but loves peanut butter, and breads or sweets.
  • He still takes Ranitidine 3ml once to twice daily for reflux.
  • He still takes Miralax 1 1/2 to 2 tsp daily for constipation.
  • He loves to play with his brothers Hot Wheels and football guys.


  • He loves to read
  • He likes to take baths with his brother.

  • He like to sleep on his stomach.
  • He loves to wind down in the evening by sitting in his daddy's lap sucking on his fingers.
  • He has 3 different crawls - what you would consider a 'normal' crawl, his original scoot/crawl that he has always done, and then crawls bringing both of his legs together at one time instead of alternating one and then the other. He also loves to hop on his knees.
  • He loves to get his brothers phone and look at pictures.

It is hard to believe 18 months have come and gone. He is great at school, always pleasant and keeps his teachers laughing. At home, he is great for his daddy, so long as I am no where around. If I am anywhere where he can see me or if he is not on my hip, he is whiney and crying. I love that I bring out the best in my child (just kidding). Oh well, at least he is good for everyone else, I would rather that then he always be good for me and bad for everyone else! Regardless, he is my little lover and I am cherishing this time that he loves to be a momma's boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment