Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tears of Joy

Today when I arrived to the boy's school to pick them up, I was met by Casen's teacher, Ms. Karen, in the front office. She told me with a very solemn look on her face that Ms. Nataly, another of Casen's teachers, had something to show me. Uh oh, the first thing that crossed my mind was that he hit her or bit her and left a mark. Much to my surprise, when I got in the room, she pulled out her phone to show me a video of Casen that she had taken earlier that day. There he was pushing this square ottoman type thing around the room while walking. He walked the whole perimeter of the room, and if he fell, he stood right back up and kept walking. I watched the video in awe with tears streaming down my face. As much as I say that I am not worried about him walking because Camden did not walk until he was 17 months, it lingers in the back of my head that the reality of the situation is everyone in his class is walking and have just left him behind. But today, I saw progression and honestly could not have been prouder! I am so thankful for his teachers who work daily with him and take the time to take a video and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment