Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Retired Swing

As you probably could tell from pictures in previous posts, Casen loves his swing and we love him in his swing. It is his calm spot, a place where we could put him when it was time for him to rest or take a nap. I must admit I got in a bad habit of putting him in his swing for his naps instead of his crib. Luckily at school he goes in the crib for naps, so when I started putting him in his crib a few weeks ago, it was not such a huge transition for him. Well, since his hiney about hits the floor when he sits in the swing and he can easily kick his legs a few times and about comes out of the swing and the fact that if he even remotely tries to sit up in the swing, it will not swing - we retired the swing tonight. Honestly, it makes me sad. I kept saying that I would be so glad when all his 'equipment' left the living room so we would have more room, however now that things are slowly but surely leaving, reality has set in that he is growing up too fast. I did, however, get one last picture of him in it this evening.


And so on that note, I say bye bye swing. You have been good to us. Even though I wish I had the money we spent on batteries for you to steadily rock our sweet boy, you supplied both Casen and us with much needed rest. You will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment