Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Ugly Pumpkin

My parents were in town for the weekend for Braden's first communion and since I had not made it to the pumpkin patch, I thought it was a great time for mom to come with me and the boys to take our annual pictures. Sadly, I did not even think to get a picture of mom with the boys. UGH!!!

When we first arrived there, Camden found a small pumpkin that he was very fond of and carried around with him everywhere. As a matter of fact, it ended up in the majority of our pictures. To me, it was the ugly pumpkin, however to Camden it was a treasure. It had brown spots on it and I guess that is what drew him to it. I find it interesting that he chose the one that I am certain many over looked. I pray that this is an idicator of how he will be in his life, not always going for the perfect thing or perfect person, but finding the beauty in things that others may never see. And since we couldn't take the ugly pumpkin away from him, it made its way home with us and made one little boy very happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment