Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy 'Owl'oween

Ever since mid September I asked Camden almost daily what he wanted to be for Halloween. Daily, his answer would be an owl. An owl???? Really??? Where did he come up with that?  I didn't even know how he knew about owls. I asked his teacher, Ms. Dona, if they talked about owls at school, to which she told me no, but that they may have mentioned them on a movie they watch about animals. So I questioned Camden about owls, just to make sure he did know what they were. After a battery of questions, it was clear he definitely knew what an owl was. So I tried to convince him to be something other than an owl, which didn't seem to be working. Finally Shane looked at me and said, "I think he has made it very clear that he wants to be an owl. It is his Halloween not yours." So I gave in to his want of being an owl and after looking on the internet, I found several owl costumes, and he picked out the one he thought was perfect. One evening he told his daddy that when he wore his owl costume he would be able to turn his head all the way around! Yep, he definitely knew about owls! Can I say he was the only owl we saw and was the cutest darned owl!

As for Casen, he was an elephant, just like his brother was for his first Halloween. He too was pretty darned cute and did not mind dressing up at all!


Melissa brought Braden over so he and Camden could trick or treat together as they did last year. He was dressed as a scary werewolf and just as last year he scared Camden. It took Camden a good 20 minutes to warm up to Braden and decide that it was OK to actually go up to the doors with him without the assistance of mom or dad.

Casen did a lot of sleeping while the werewolf and the owl went from door to door through out the neighborhood.

Apparently the owl forgot his manners while trick or treating. Even though we instructed him to say 'trick or treat' and follow it up with a 'Thank you!' he instead went up to the doors and said, "Give me candy!" No please, no thank you, just demands.  I even caught the owl telling a woman that he needed two pieces of candy after she gave him just one piece. I about died!!!! Luckily, we had Braden there to be polite and off set the demands of the owl. Note to self, next year start practicing what to say and how to say it a good week before trick or treating actually takes place!

The owl and the elephant
 
Camden with all his loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment