Monday, October 15, 2012

Four Month Checkup

Today was Casen's appointment for his four month check up with immunizations. I was looking forward to finding out his height and weight, but was not looking forward to the shots especially since they really made him cranky last time. He is still beating Camden in size, not that it took that much to do to beat how scrawny Camden was. He weighed 15 pounds 3.2 ounces and was 26 inches long, which is the 50th percentile for weight and 80th percentile for height. I asked his doctor if we could possibly change his Prevacid due to the cost (over $200/month) which he did change to Zantac. He warned me that the taste is nasty and Casen may reject it and if he did, we could try buying Pepcid over the counter and taking it to a compounding pharmacy which would probably be 1/2 the cost of the Prevacid. I guess we will see how that goes . . . . He only had to receive 2 injections today since they had the combination injection, thank the Lord. I premedicated him with Tylenol after living and learning from last time, and it was a great help. He did awesome and had a great night!!!

His little legs after his shots - love those fat rolls!
Since we received the green light on giving him cereal, he got some of that prior to his evening bottle and he did great. (Truth be known, he had his first cereal in July and has had it just a few times since, but now will be getting it daily.)


As for how he is progressing in general - he is in 6 month clothes, size 2 diapers, he is eating 6 1/2 ounces of breast milk five to six times a day, but I will be increasing the amount to 7 ounces tomorrow due to him finishing up his bottles and acting like he wants to eat after 2 1/2 hours. He is using a size 2 nipple in his bottles now. He would much rather sit up in his bumbo or be in his bouncing exercsaucer versus laying in his boppy chair. He absolutely loves to be talked to, and likes to watch Camden and laugh at him. He is ticklish all over and loves his daddy more than he loves me - which honestly is bothersome since I am his source of food and carried him for 9 months. Perhaps he is just sick of me. Anyway, he loves to be held and likes to watch sports on TV - yes, he is his father's child! He is still an awesome sleeper and during the week, usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 pm and then gets up around 6:15 am, but on the weekends, he will sleep until 8:00 or 8:30 am. He is growing way to fast and that makes me sad in some ways and happy in others. I can't wait for him to be old enough to actually play with Camden - and Camden can hardly wait. He asks all the time when Casen when be able to play with him. But on the other hand, he is our last and I know the baby days will be over before I know it and those sweet toothless grins will be filled with teeth and the coos and grunts will be replaced with 'No!' (can you tell I am speaking from experience with a 2 1/2 year old?) Regardless, I am trying to absorb every ounce of him as well as Camden. I can never say enough how much I love my boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment